Skip to main content

How I keep on top of my work with a baby

 It's hard juggling life as a mum as well as working. I am forever thankful for the job I have, but I still find it tough even with my job to work with a baby, so I thought I would talk more about how I manage to cope.

Every night before bed, I make a to-do list of everything I need to achieve in the day. Right at the top of the list is all the household chores, appointments and things like that, stuff that needs to be done to keep my household up and running.

Once I have everything that has to be done, I add to the list with things that I want to get done for work,  in order of most important to get done to least important. 

My list will look something like this:

  • Appointment at 12 with GP
  • Cook dinner
  • A load of diapers washed 
  • Hang up diapers
  • Wash baby clothing
  • Hang up baby clothing
  • Dishes
  • Film What I eat in a day youtube video
  • Write 1 blog post
  • Continue editing project hope

By doing this, I can ensure that the things that have to be done get done. For me, work is my last priority; if it doesn't get done, then there is nothing I can do about it, and I have had to come to terms with that.

During the day, I get things done as I can. When she is asleep, I will do things like the dishes and shower, I normally take one of her naps as a nap time for me as well, but everything gets done when she is either asleep, with my partner on weekends or when he finishes work or sometimes she will be awake next to me. At the same time, I film or write, and I just stop all the time to keep an eye on her.

I get things done around her schedule and needs, and sometimes that means I don't get any work done for a few days, and other days I will finish my list and can spend the rest of the day relaxing because there is nothing for me to do.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to a new country | with kids

Moving to a new country can be exciting but nerve wracking add in children and it can feel overwhelming to say the least, today I want to share all the advice and tips I have to move overseas after having just made an overseas move for myself with my two young daughters.   Mid January I moved from New Zealand back to Australia, some of you may know that I was actually born in Australia and lived over here until 2011 so for me this was about returning home but for my kids it was moving countries for the first time and while my youngest had no idea what was going on as she was only 3 months old my eldest had a range of emotions and it was honestly quite tough on her at times.   My first bit of advice is to just talk about the move, explain why you’re moving and what to expect in an age-appropriate way so that they can better understand what is going on, talk about all the positives with the move    that would interest them from new experiences to making new friend...

Social media tips

Growing on social media can be hard no matter if you are an individual or a business.    Below I have compiled a list of some times to help you get growing on your chosen social media platform.  1. Define your goals Clarity: Determine what you want to achieve with your social media presence (e.g., brand awareness, lead generation, customer engagement). Specific targets: Set measurable goals (e.g., increase followers by 20% in 3 months, generate 100 leads per month). 2. Know your audience Research: Understand your target audience's demographics, interests, and behaviors. Persona creation: Develop audience personas to tailor your content and messaging effectively. 3. Choose the right platforms Target audience: Select platforms where your audience is the most active.  Content suitability: Consider the type of content each platform supports (visual for Instagram, professional for LinkedIn). 4. Consistent branding Profile optimisation: Use a consistent brand logo, colors,...

The benefit of learning a new language and tips on how to do it

  Learning a new language can be such a rewarding learning experience. I have been using Duolingo since April 2022 to learn Spainish after years of struggling but wanting to learn the language. I now have had a streak since the 10th April 2022 without missing a day and have learned a lot so I though I would compile a list of the benefits of learning a new language and some tips on how to do it for those of you who also want to learn another language.  Benefits of learning a new language 1. Cognitive enhancement: Learning a new language can boost your memory and recall abilities. Multilingual individuals also tend to have improved problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. 2. Cultural Awareness: Language learning provides a deeper understanding of other cultures and perspectives. Knowing the local language also enriches travel experiences and interactions with locals. 3. Career Advantages: Being bilingual or multilingual opens up more job opportunities and can lead to higher...