Skip to main content

5 Best newborn products

 Newborns don't actually need a lot of things, surprising. This is a list of my favourite newborn products that I'm glad I got for my baby.

I'm not going to go into essentials like clothing or anything like a pram etc. those are things that are needed no matter what.

  • Large diaper bag: I love having a large diaper bag because it means I have more space to put things in, and I can keep a spare top for myself to change into if I need.

  • Co-sleeper (next to the bed): I got a cosleeper instead of a coat or bassinet. (it does double as a bassinet, though) and I found it so handy. It has a storage shelf down the bottom which I loved because I could keep everything I needed through the night right there, and I didn't have to get up.

  • Diaper caddy: This was a live saver. In the mornings instead of taking five trips into the bedroom to move us into the living room I could easy put everything I need for the day in the diaper caddy and then take it into the living room while carrying baby. Same at night time when it was time for bed.
  • Baby swing: My partner goes away to work, and I found having the baby swing so handy to have in the kitchen with me while I cleaned the dishes; she was right there behind me so I could keep an eye on her and not have to worry but also got what I needed to be done. Also great for going toilet or having a shower.

  • Baby carriers (wrap and carrier): I loved having both. Sometimes I was way too lazy to wrap the baby wrap around me, or it wasn't practical for what we were doing, which is where the baby carrier came in handy, especially because I hated lugging the pram around all the time.
There is probably more that I love that I have missed, but baby brain is horrible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to a new country | with kids

Moving to a new country can be exciting but nerve wracking add in children and it can feel overwhelming to say the least, today I want to share all the advice and tips I have to move overseas after having just made an overseas move for myself with my two young daughters.   Mid January I moved from New Zealand back to Australia, some of you may know that I was actually born in Australia and lived over here until 2011 so for me this was about returning home but for my kids it was moving countries for the first time and while my youngest had no idea what was going on as she was only 3 months old my eldest had a range of emotions and it was honestly quite tough on her at times.   My first bit of advice is to just talk about the move, explain why you’re moving and what to expect in an age-appropriate way so that they can better understand what is going on, talk about all the positives with the move    that would interest them from new experiences to making new friend...

Social media tips

Growing on social media can be hard no matter if you are an individual or a business.    Below I have compiled a list of some times to help you get growing on your chosen social media platform.  1. Define your goals Clarity: Determine what you want to achieve with your social media presence (e.g., brand awareness, lead generation, customer engagement). Specific targets: Set measurable goals (e.g., increase followers by 20% in 3 months, generate 100 leads per month). 2. Know your audience Research: Understand your target audience's demographics, interests, and behaviors. Persona creation: Develop audience personas to tailor your content and messaging effectively. 3. Choose the right platforms Target audience: Select platforms where your audience is the most active.  Content suitability: Consider the type of content each platform supports (visual for Instagram, professional for LinkedIn). 4. Consistent branding Profile optimisation: Use a consistent brand logo, colors,...

The benefit of learning a new language and tips on how to do it

  Learning a new language can be such a rewarding learning experience. I have been using Duolingo since April 2022 to learn Spainish after years of struggling but wanting to learn the language. I now have had a streak since the 10th April 2022 without missing a day and have learned a lot so I though I would compile a list of the benefits of learning a new language and some tips on how to do it for those of you who also want to learn another language.  Benefits of learning a new language 1. Cognitive enhancement: Learning a new language can boost your memory and recall abilities. Multilingual individuals also tend to have improved problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. 2. Cultural Awareness: Language learning provides a deeper understanding of other cultures and perspectives. Knowing the local language also enriches travel experiences and interactions with locals. 3. Career Advantages: Being bilingual or multilingual opens up more job opportunities and can lead to higher...