Skip to main content

How I plan out a years worth of blogging content in under a week

Planning and keeping on top of blog posts can be a mission at times, especially if you have no idea what to post. The worst feeling in the world is getting the motivation to sit down and write only to realise you have no idea what you want to post this month. You spent hours working it out only to lose motivation. 

This used to happen to me all the time, until one day, I decided to make a change. I tried countless different ways to organise blog posts for a year, but nothing seemed to work for me until I decided to make up my own way, and now I am two years ahead with blog post planning. 

You don't need much for this either. All you will need is:
  • Something to write your content out (I use OneNote to keep track but you can use anything you want.)
  • The internet
  • Time
  • Your brain

To start off with, work out how often you want to post on your blog. I will be using this blog for all my examples with actual posts for this year. I post twice a month at 1pm each day, so what I would do to start off with is write out the month and the dates I will be posting the blog post. I like mine to look pretty, but you don't have to

Example:

May
1st:
15th:

June
1st:
15th:

July
1st:
15th:

I do this for every month of the year on all three of my blogs. I spend just under a week planning out a year's worth of content, but that is just because I have to do it for three blogs; but it can take a lot less time for just one blog, but it really depends on how many posts you need to come up with as well.

Next is the tiring part, where you will need time on your hands. This is where I first sit down with a blank document and write out any ideas off the top of my head that I might like to write as well as searching the internet for ideas (I know I did). Pinterest is where I get most of them, but sometimes blogs will release a list of blog ideas. I don't worry about how many ideas I come up with because I might not even use them in the end, but making a list of ideas means I can then work out what I know I can actually write this year because sometimes some of the blog posts I think of could take years to write. 

My list will look something like this:

  • My favourite cleaning products
  • My skincare routine
  • Beauty on a budget
  • Life update
  • Pregnancy tag
  • How I keep track of posts I make
  • How I manage my time
  • How to budget
  • Baby must-haves
  • Ways to make extra money
  • How I plan out a years blogging content in a week.'
  • What's in my hospital bag
  • Why I love blogging

Once i have run out of ideas or can't find any more ideas online, i then look through the list and start working out what i can make; I will then randomly assign a blog post to a posting date.

While I am doing this, I am also thinking more into it; For beauty on a budget, it could be for a date night, so I might place that in February because that's when most people go on dates. 

In the end, my planning will look like this.

May
1st: How I keep track of posts I make
15th: How I plan out a years of blogging content in a week

June
1st: Ways to make extra money
15th: What's in my hospital bag

July
1st: Why I love blogging
15th: My favourite cleaning products

I then copy the list of the ideas that didn't get picked and put it on a document for when next year comes around, and I need to think of ideas on what to post. As I come up with new ideas throughout the year, I will add them to that list. 

There you have it, how I plan out a full year worth of content in only a week; if you guys are bloggers, let me know how you plan out your blog posts if you do and if your not a blogger, then let me know what you want to see from me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me

Hi everyone. My name is Phoebe; I live in the countryside of New Zealand, but I was actually born in Tasmania, Australia, on June 30th 2003. I am the creator of the Youtube channel and blog Beautyqueen and the blogs Endometriosis and Phoebe M.C. Blog . I have been writing my whole life, but in 2020, I self-published my first novella,  Wrongful Love , and I am now working on a ton more novels and novellas. I have been a YouTuber for many years. I started my YouTube career with a small YouTube channel which I named Phoebe Ann; after a while, I realized I needed a new start. I soon decided to post my final video and start anew with a new channel and new me, which has become the successful channel that people know and love; with over 1,000 subscribers, I’m excited to bring new content throughout many more years to come. When I was fourteen, I miscarried twins, and at seventeen, I fell pregnant with my daughter. I now live with my partner and cat Demitri in a rental house, and we will be we

Life update

I'm sorry I've been absent a lot recently but I plan to get back on track soon just may take me a while but for now I thought I would let you in on what is happening in my life at the moment.  I have been really stressed out recently juggling housework, baby and being in a lot of pain from Endometriosis so I have just taken a step back from all my social media for a bit to focus on what really matters, my family.  When we moved houses in October baby was only 9 weeks old so I didn’t get much actually done when it came to unpacking and recently I was out on antidepressants again which made me finally be able to cope with my feelings and I noticed the mess of my house so I have been cleaning and organising like crazy.   At the start of the year my endometriosis flared up which has led to a lot of pain and days were I can barely move off the couch so I have just been taking it a day at a time and taking help when needed.  I only have three rooms in my house left to sort and clean

Info/Facts About Me

It has been just over a year since I did my all about me post on this blog, so I thought I would do an updated version. I am seventeen years old (June 30th 2003)   I run three blogs  Endometriosis Phoebe M.C. BeautyQueen I dropped out of school when I was sixteen, the day after my birthday, to be exact, because of my Endometriosis. I now work full time as a writer and YouTuber. I did start my own business in 2019, but as of right now, that is currently on hold while I work through some personal issues.  I started making YouTube videos in 2013 and quit my first channel in 2016 when I started the one I run now,  Beautyqueen . I started writing for more than a hobby in October 2015 when I created my Wattpad account  Phoesrules . I also run an Author Page. When I was fourteen, I landed up pregnant with twins and was so over the moon, I didn't care about the hate I got because I knew due to my Endometriosis, my chances of kids were slim; they did pass away on April 24th 2018, while I wa