Skip to main content

How I got to where I am today on social media

 I am not going to lie and say it has been easy for me to get where I am today. I have spent endless hours building up my platforms. 

Sometimes though, it's out of our hands, and all we can do is go along for the ride. I will be sharing today how I got to where I am now on my different social media platforms with my top ticks and honest answers on how I think I did it.

Instagram: Good old Instagram, everyone seems to want to get big on Instagram, and while some people find it really easy, it can be the complete opposite.

Sharing your Instagram posts and profile around on Twitter, Snapchat, and even Facebook groups can really be helpful for getting your content seen but remember that follow for following isn't ideal and will actually hurt you in the long run.

Taking high-quality pictures that arent blurry will help and try and not repeat content on your Instagram. Throwback, Thursdays are really helpful to post old pictures but don't do one you posted only two weeks ago.

Using Instagram stories to your advantage will help. People are nosey and want to know what you are up to, so posting on Instagram stories a few times a day will satisfy anyone's craving to be nosey.

Using hashtags is the real winner on how to get yourself noticed; using popular hashtags that also relate to your post is going to get you the best result. Try not to over tag your posts, though, because then you will get shadowbanned, and you won't be seen in a very long time. 

Also, aim for hashtags that, when you search them, are not tiny but not massive either. What I mean is if for say, the photo is of your cat, you could use the hashtag catsofinstagram, which has over 162m posts. Because it has so many posts, loads of people will be using this tag every minute, so you are less likely to have your photo seen by someone who searches up that hashtag looking for cat pictures. using the hashtag Cataholics_anonoymous only has 83 posts which means you are less likely to be found by this hashtag but using catholic, which only has 115k posts, will mean people are looking for this hashtag but it's not getting posted to as much.  

Twitter: This will be short because so far, I have only found one for sure way to get followers. 

Being a writer is hard, but Twitter has some of the best support people out there, but getting seen on Twitter can be annoying; Especially since just sharing it around on social media won't help because not a lot of people actually use Twitter anymore.

I participate in the writing community promotion posts where you post your books, social media and blog links, and I find a lot of the time you will get followers from that because they will come and look at your page and if they like what you tweet they will follow you. 

I try to stay active with posting a few times a day, but that really doesn't seem to do much if I am being honest, and when I don't participate in the promotion tweets, my following stays the same.

Blogger: When it comes to blogger, I have found that using the Post settings is really helpful. Making sure you are using labels that relate to your content of the blog as well as terms people would search up when looking for that content.

Being consistent in uploading is really helpful, so people know when to come back and read your new content; but not only is being consistent key, but the content you post is too.

There is a lot that goes into this when I say the content you post matter because you have to make sure you post content that people want to see, but you also need to think about the timing of when the post going up will help. Posting in January for Christmas present ideas for that year isn't going to get you nearly as much interaction as posting that same post in October or November.

Make sure that the content you post is fully edited, with as few spelling and grammar errors as possible. A few here and there won't hurt, but if it is full of mistakes, people will look at your post and not return to your blog in the future, so while one post may have a nice amount of views, the rest will fail in comparison. 

When you release a new post, also remember to share it on your social media platforms so that your followers can view and share it around, which will help with the initial views.

YouTube: To be honest, some of my views and subscribers have come from videos that randomly blew up when I least expected them to. 

Though I believe from what I have seen with experimenting with different ways to grow is that consistency is the key thing. I always try and upload on the same day at the same time each week, so people know when to come and find me. 

The first twelve hours of a video airing also seem to be the biggest telltale sign of how your video will do. Whenever I post a youtube video, I make sure to share it all over social media, from Snapchat & Instagram story to Reddit and even in Amino and Facebook groups relating to what I just posted.
Never do like 4 like, follow 4 follow or anything like that on any social media because it really will impact how your channel does over time, and youtube knows when to mass remove accounts subscribed to you that have done this.

Using all the upload options will really be handy. Make sure you research your tags beforehand to make sure you use the best ones to get the exposure, a catchy title and thumbnail will also do you good, and your description is what sells your video to anyone on the internet as well; so make sure you are spending time getting everything perfect because it doesn't matter how good your video idea is or how well it's filmed and edited it won't be any use unless you get it somewhere people can see it.

Tiktok: If I am honest, I have no idea how I got so big on TikTok. 

For the first few years, I never had any followers and then overnight, it seemed to randomly jump up. I never put any effort into the videos, really either I just make sure that I like how it looks and then click post. 

Tags do come in handy though, using the trending ones or ones that relate to the video can help your video be found and using popular sounds in the back of your video will also help, but I have never found any real correlation to what you post in the video to how well the video does, but that could be because TikTok wants your videos to be seen most of the time, unlike YouTube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me

Hi everyone. My name is Phoebe; I live in the countryside of New Zealand, but I was actually born in Tasmania, Australia, on June 30th 2003. I am the creator of the Youtube channel and blog Beautyqueen and the blogs Endometriosis and Phoebe M.C. Blog . I have been writing my whole life, but in 2020, I self-published my first novella,  Wrongful Love , and I am now working on a ton more novels and novellas. I have been a YouTuber for many years. I started my YouTube career with a small YouTube channel which I named Phoebe Ann; after a while, I realized I needed a new start. I soon decided to post my final video and start anew with a new channel and new me, which has become the successful channel that people know and love; with over 1,000 subscribers, I’m excited to bring new content throughout many more years to come. When I was fourteen, I miscarried twins, and at seventeen, I fell pregnant with my daughter. I now live with my partner and cat Demitri in a rental house, and we will be we

Life update

I'm sorry I've been absent a lot recently but I plan to get back on track soon just may take me a while but for now I thought I would let you in on what is happening in my life at the moment.  I have been really stressed out recently juggling housework, baby and being in a lot of pain from Endometriosis so I have just taken a step back from all my social media for a bit to focus on what really matters, my family.  When we moved houses in October baby was only 9 weeks old so I didn’t get much actually done when it came to unpacking and recently I was out on antidepressants again which made me finally be able to cope with my feelings and I noticed the mess of my house so I have been cleaning and organising like crazy.   At the start of the year my endometriosis flared up which has led to a lot of pain and days were I can barely move off the couch so I have just been taking it a day at a time and taking help when needed.  I only have three rooms in my house left to sort and clean

Info/Facts About Me

It has been just over a year since I did my all about me post on this blog, so I thought I would do an updated version. I am seventeen years old (June 30th 2003)   I run three blogs  Endometriosis Phoebe M.C. BeautyQueen I dropped out of school when I was sixteen, the day after my birthday, to be exact, because of my Endometriosis. I now work full time as a writer and YouTuber. I did start my own business in 2019, but as of right now, that is currently on hold while I work through some personal issues.  I started making YouTube videos in 2013 and quit my first channel in 2016 when I started the one I run now,  Beautyqueen . I started writing for more than a hobby in October 2015 when I created my Wattpad account  Phoesrules . I also run an Author Page. When I was fourteen, I landed up pregnant with twins and was so over the moon, I didn't care about the hate I got because I knew due to my Endometriosis, my chances of kids were slim; they did pass away on April 24th 2018, while I wa