Skip to main content

How to make a dream catcher

As some of you may know, I make dream catchers gain some money as a side hustle. Many people think it is easy to make a dream catcher, but it really isn't, so I will talk about how to actually make a dream catcher.

If you learn better by watching, click this because I made a video on it back in July 2019
and if you want to see some of my work, check out my Instagram and Facebook page

When I make dream catchers, there are five steps, but if you were to just make it for home use, you would use four steps.

My steps are:
Step one: grab materials
Step two: wrap hoop
Step three: start threading the web
Step four: decorate
Step five: take pictures and post them online

Now let me show you how to do each step. (pictures are of my work in different stages photos can be found on my dream catcher Instagram)

Step one: grab materials
When your materials will be things like glue, hoop, decorations, material to wrap the hoop with and the web.

Step two: wrap hoop

When wrapping the hoop, I knot my yarn at the hoop's bottom and apply a little bit of glue before wrapping the yarn around the hoop. Make sure to pull it tight otherwise, it will just unravel. All you do is put the yarn through the hoop hole, put it right next to the yarn you have already done, pull tight, and repeat until you reach your beginning knot. Then you will apply more glue and knot again until secure. Cut remaining yarn close to the knot. I like to apply glue right on the knot and sometimes even clear coat nail polish to make sure it doesn't come loose.

Step three: start threading the web.

I like to start my webs knot right on top of the knot from wrapping the hoop, which is right at the bottom because you can apply decorations over top of the knots to hide them. Making the web is where it can become more difficult. You need to make sure the beginning of ur web loops are the same distance apart and pulled tight. I like to cut my yarn before I start this because my balls of yarn are too thick to get through the little holes, but the problem with this is it's super easy to cut to little yarn because every dream catcher, regardless of size and shape, requires a different amount. I like to cut it, so it goes around the hoop five times, but even then, it can be too much or too little.

Now unlike when you were wrapping your hoop, you need to go through the hoop, but instead of wrapping it around, you need to then go back through the yarn as if you were going to make a knot and then pull through where it needs to go and repeat all around the hoop.

Once you are back at the hoop's start, you will then go through all the little whole you just made with the yarn. Remember to keep pulling it tight. You will keep going through all your new made holes until you reach your desired stop point. Then to knot, you will re go though a previous point and just knot it. I like to again apply glue and clear nail polish to my knot to make sure it doesn't come loose.

Step four: decorate

Now you can decorate it however you like. Beads, feathers, ribbon, crystals, anything you like. Make sure you add a piece of string so you can hang it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me

Hi everyone. My name is Phoebe; I live in the countryside of New Zealand, but I was actually born in Tasmania, Australia, on June 30th 2003. I am the creator of the Youtube channel and blog Beautyqueen and the blogs Endometriosis and Phoebe M.C. Blog . I have been writing my whole life, but in 2020, I self-published my first novella,  Wrongful Love , and I am now working on a ton more novels and novellas. I have been a YouTuber for many years. I started my YouTube career with a small YouTube channel which I named Phoebe Ann; after a while, I realized I needed a new start. I soon decided to post my final video and start anew with a new channel and new me, which has become the successful channel that people know and love; with over 1,000 subscribers, I’m excited to bring new content throughout many more years to come. When I was fourteen, I miscarried twins, and at seventeen, I fell pregnant with my daughter. I now live with my partner and cat Demitri in a rental house, and we will be we

My top 3 go to recipes and how to make them

  Mac and cheese: Macaroni ·   Butter  and  flour : ·   Milk ·   Cheese ·   Seasonings : Salt and pepper goes into the sauce, while paprika is sprinkled over the topping. 1. Boil the noodles : Boil the macaroni in salted water until the noodles are al dente. Drain and transfer to a prepared baking dish. 2.   Make the cheese sauce : Melt butter, then whisk in the flour. Whisk in the milk, bring to a simmer, and stir in the cheeses. Season with salt and pepper and continue simmering until the sauce is thick. Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir. 3. Make the topping : Spread the topping over the macaroni and cheese, then sprinkle with paprika. 4. Bake the mac and cheese : Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is golden brown.  Spaghetti Bolognese: Add hot water to a pot and add desired amount of fettuccine pasta and veg I like to add peas, corn, carrot and beans and add some salt.   Add mince and oil I use venison to frying pan and add a pinch of salt, pepper, garlic, and ginge

Top 10 must-see travel destinations: New Zealand

  Top 10 places to visit in New Zealand   I moved to New Zealand back when I was seven years old, and as I grew up, I wanted to find some fantastic places to visit. I found the ten best places to visit in New Zealand.  This list will contain five places in the south island of New Zealand and five of the north island.  North Island 1- Matamata All my hobbit fans will definitely want to check out Matamata, where the shire lays.  But for all my non-hobbit fans, there is still a lot to do in Matamata, from the Wairere falls to the opal hot springs.  2- Pouakai If you love long walks, The pouakai range is for you, but even if you don’t want to go on a walk, there is still a lot of sightseeing to do.  3-Waiheke Island From beautiful beaches to wine tours  Waiheke island has something for everyone.  4-Rotorua From the hot springs to the Maori culture, Rotorua is a must-go destination.  5-Coromandel The coromandel has such a vibrant history that it’s no wonder most people rave about going to t